I’ve pretty much been addicted to boys accessories ever since my first child was born. Since he was a boy I couldn’t do hair bows and dresses. Instead it was ties, bow ties, and hats! Today I’m so excited to share the EASIEST No Sew DIY bowtie tutorial! This is definitely the easiest, fastest, cutest way to make a bowtie. Bowties are perfect for special occasions, photo shoots, and Sundays! I should also mention this bowtie clips into hair perfectly too so if you’ve got girls you could easily use these for both girls hair and boys clothing. So let’s get started!
First print this No Sew DIY Bowtie TEMPLATE I made for you. This makes it really easy to get the exact size needed to make the perfect bowtie.
You will need to cut two main bowtie pieces (4.5 inches wide X 8 inches long) and one center piece(1.75 inches wide X 6 inches long) for each bowtie.
- Glue gun
- Fabric of your choice (1/8 yard of fabric for each bow tie)
- Printed Lacey Placey No Sew DIY Bowtie template
- Cut out the 2 main pieces of fabric and the one center piece of fabric.
- Take your center piece and fold each side in towards the middle and use one dot of glue to hold down in center and on both ends.
- Then use the 2 main pieces and fold each side in towards the middle and use one dot of glue to hold down. Don’t get carried away with the glue gun or you won’t be able to fold the bowtie into the correct shape.
- Next take both ugly/unfinished sides and face them together. You should have both sides now with no unfinished edges. It should look clean and pretty, like you are holding two perfect rectangles.
- Now use your thumb and index finger to pinch the center of the rectangles while holding both pieces. Use that middle piece and wrap around the middle of the rectangles. Use a dot of glue to hold down the beginning and end of the center piece.
- Next you need to glue on the Clip to the back of the bow on the unfinished side.
This is much easier to watch and understand in video form. So please feel free to scroll to the very bottom of the post and watch the video I made so you can see the easy to follow instructions!
I had to make one in every color! I have three boys so I can totally justify make a million of these! I think these would make the cutest baby shower gift ever. Get a cute little box and wrap up a big pile of these in every color. The boys need some accessories too! : )