I have been looking everywhere for a “cool” boy Bunny shirt for Easter! I haven’t been able to find one that I liked. My boys are 8 and 6 and they won’t wear anything remotely “girly” even if it’s not really girly at all!! As a DIY blogger this is my kind of challenge! I got out my favorite crafting tool ever….the Silhouette Cameo and got to work on a cool Bunny shirt. I designed this bunny image.
I have included it for you to download for free so you can make one too. I used White Iron on vinyl but you could use craft paint and the Stencil Template if you haven’t yet invested in your own Silhouette. So what saying here is any BUNNY can make one of these cute shirts…sorry I couldn’t resist! : ) And don’t tell my boys but I think these would be so cute for girls too! You could even do a pink shirt or a pastel yellow, mint, or purple!
Vinyl Shirt Tutorial
- Black t-shirt (found them at Walmart for $3)
- White Heat/Iron On Vinyl
- Download my Bunny Silhouette image
- thin towel
- Silhouette Vinyl Cutting Machine
- Download Bunny File to your computer. Open it up in the Silhouette Studio.
- Be sure to FLIP your image so it’s reversed.
- Cut the file on your white Iron on Vinyl material.
- Weed your Vinyl and place pieces on shirt.
- Place a thin towel over vinyl.
- Iron on the vinyl keeping towel between iron and the vinyl pieces. Apply firm pressure.
- Remove plastic cover from vinyl and your done!
Craft Paint Shirt Tutorial
- Black T-shirt
- Printed Bunny Stencil
- White Craft Paint or Fabric Paint
- Download and Print Bunny Stencil.
- Tape down onto black shirt.
- Paint on Craft paint with a foam or small paint brush.
- Remove stencil when the paint is still slightly wet but mostly dry.
- Let dry for 24 hours and then wear it!
My boys absolutely love their bunny shirts! I think your kids will too! I might even make one for myself.
I bribed my boys with Sonic Slushes if they would Model for me haha! We spent an hour taking pictures which was like a lifetime for them. I told Brody (the one in the glasses) that this was so much fun and we should do a photo shoot everyday. His reply “That would be my worst nightmare!” I guess they don’t enjoy the picture taking as much as I do! : )
I hope you feel inspired to make your own Bunny Shirt! Have a Happy Easter!