Making party hats is so much fun you guys! It’s fun no matter how old you are. My kids had so much fun decorating these hats with me. I think this may be a new tradition on New Year’s Eve! They go great with the DIY Poppers we showed you how to make too! Go grab some paper, embelishments, and your kids and gather around the table to have some creative fun! I can’t get over how easy it was to make these. I will be making DIY party hats for every holiday and occasion. I even included a free printable below so you can print and cut your own all year long. Read on for supplies and instructions:
- Cardstock in colors/patterns of your choice.
- Embellishments to decorate the hats with. (We used pom poms, washi tape, circles and squares cut from paper.)
- Glue (I used a hot glue gun)
- String,ribbon or elastic.
- Just print and cut out the FREE TEMPLATE on to cardstock. There are about a billion cute papers out there and the possibilities are endless!
- Once you’ve folded your hat add a little tape to secure it on the inside.
- Decorate your hat
- Add string by taping it on the inside of the hat on both sides.
We embellished our DIY Party hats with pom poms, paper circles and squares but you could use anything and everything!
DOWNLOAD DIY Party Hats Template HERE
Happy Party Hat making!