Are you ready for the best Caesar Salad ever? Then continue reading…. You guys I’m OBSESSED with Melting Pot. We have successfully recreated almost all of our favorite items from Melting Pot at home. I should really share all the other recipes too. Maybe I’ll do that soon.
I had never even attempted the Caesar Salad until now. The fact that most Caesar dressing has anchovies in it always made me grab the store bought. I’m so glad I developed a little courage to mess around with anchovies (I actually use Anchovy paste) because this recipe is so good. I used to day dream about this salad all the time. I can’t even tell you how excited I am that it turned out so well.
So let’s just get right to it. I didn’t take a bunch of progress photos it’s very straight forward. You put all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk it. Then you put the salad, the dressing, a little Parmesan, pine nuts, croutons and you are done!
- 4 cups Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned croutons
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan encrusted pine nuts (recipe below)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Caesar dressing (recipe below)
- Combine all ingredients except pine nuts and cheese.
- Divide equally between two salad plates.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and pepper.
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 small anchovy fillet, minced
- salt/pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except water in a bowl and whisk until blended.
- You may add water to reach the desired consistency if the dressing is too thick.
- You can store this is the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or one small pkg
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the pine nuts with melted butter and stir to coat.
- Remove from the nuts from the bowl and discard remaining butter.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and sugar and mix well.
- Spread on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for about 6-8 minutes, or until golden. Watch closely so they do not burn.
- Remove, let cool, and serve on top of your creamy Caesar salad.