I’m getting pretty excited for my Cinco De Mayo Party on Friday! I wanted some colorful banners to hang on the wall and these Tissue Paper Banners are perfect. Grab your leftover tissue paper, a pair of scissors, some tape out and you’re ready to get started!
- Tissue Paper
- (Hole punch is you want)
- First fold your tissue paper in half (hamburger style as they always said in school.)
- Fold it in half again.
- Fold over from right to left.
- Start cutting your design. You want to keep your cuts on the two sides that aren’t the open edges. CUT on 2 sides with folds.
- Unfold tissue paper. If you want to add more designs. Fold as desired and cut where you want to add a bit more flair!
- Tape your banner together on the back side and attach to your wall.
I turned the Cinco De Mayo Pandora station on while I was doing this fun banner DIY. It was so fun I highly recommend it for your next Fiesta! I felt like I was in Mexico hanging with a Mariachi band. My little 5 year old kept coming in and making a few of his own tissue paper creations too. If he can do it YOU can do it too! : )
All right I gotta go… time to go start prepping for the tacos, horchata, and pinata making contest! See those cute vases down below? I need to find some pretty, colorful, Cinco de Mayo-ish flowers. Maybe Carnations? hmmm… I’ll keep you posted!
Happy Cinco De Mayo!